Psalm 103:19- The Lord has established his throne in heaven and his kingdom rules over all.
I can't tell you how much I have gained from memorizing these verses. To date I have memorized 23 verses. I can't think of another point in my life ...okay other than the years spent in AWANA which for the record is the only time I have earned trophies. I got a Timothy Award in 5th or 6th grade and the Meritorious in 7th or 8th grade. But I digress...I can't think of another point in my adult life that I have memorized so many in 6 months. (Not even in all those college bible classes!)
It has been a discipline that has been so good for me. It has helped clear the cobwebs, lifted the fog and help me put my focus on the right things. I can't tell you how many nights I have fallen asleep or how many laps I have swum while repeating Psalm 103.
Let me know if you are working on any verses right now! I know a few of you started out with me but fell behind a little bit...that is okay. Maybe time to get your notecards out again?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment