Thursday, June 11, 2009

Break Time

I am always on the lookout for new ideas to try with the kids. Especially in the summer. Ways to make our time together better. One that I recently read here was having a daily "break time". A time that everyone goes to separate rooms and spends an hour away from each other. I warned the kids it was coming and decided to put it in to action this afternoon.

They kids had been home for all of 4 hours when the meltdown began (fortunately it was only 1 though it felt like 10). So I put them all in separate rooms for an hour. I am not sure if has been good for them but it has been delightful for me! (I just checked on Olivia and she is sound asleep.) I think I am going to like this "break time."

I am going to wait to institute the new chore charts until Monday. Won't they be excited when they see the list?! I found last summer that the chore chart was really a great idea. They each learned how to do new tasks and we were able to play more because the work was divided. This summer one of the things on the list is learning to do wash.

Any ideas that work well in your family?

No comments: