Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Minor League Baseball

We have a minor league baseball team in town that puts on quite a show at it's home games. The kids enjoy going but it isn't for the baseball....it's for the play zone, the food, the friends and the fireworks. We went last week with a group from our church. It was fun to know everyone sitting around us.

Between the 7th and 8th inning Jeff and Joe (one of our college friends...actually he is young enough that he could have been a student in my first grade class 16 years ago...yikes that makes me feel old) were picked to do the Cruisin' for Corona game. Great game for a buncha baptist boys!

The object was for them to spin around a baseball bat and then try to weave their way through a row of flamingos then race to slide across a wet slip and slide and then tackle a blown up bottle of Corona.I didn't get any great pics of the boys running. Trust me, it was hilarious to watch them weave through the flamingos looking very tipsy. Joe made it to the slip and slide before Jeff so Jeff figured why bother getting wet since Joe already won.

Joe won a Corona fold up chair.

Fortunately for Joe it started raining soon after so he wasn't the only won wet.

We had great seats right above home plate. It was fun to watch the game from that angle.

Jackson didn't feel very good. Thought it was his allergies until he woke up sick the next morning. He sat for a lot of the game in the next section over trying to catch foul balls. One went up over my head and hit the roof of the box seats and then rolled back down. As I turned to look I saw this huge orb hurtling at my face. The ball hit the seat in front of us and then bounced down a few more rows. I took a lot of grief for covering my head and ducking. Evidently I should have caught it. Guess I'll have to bring my glove next time!

The game ended with great fireworks. It was a little scary for the girls being that close in proximity. You could feel the boom in your bones.

No comments: