A few months ago I got a cosmetic travel bag with a bonus smaller bag for $1.72 including shipping. The bigger bag is perfect medicine bag when we travel and the smaller bag (not pictured) is the ideal size for my ipod and headphones.
Last week I got 2 pairs of Crocs (the name brand not a knock off brand) for the girls for $11.24 including shipping. (I think originally they would have cost $25 each). The only bummer is that the sizing seems to be off and both pairs are way to big for the girls. But now they have them for next summer...or the summer after that.
This past April my friend Kathy introduced me to a website called Savings Angel for my grocery and local shopping. The site pairs store sales with coupons (newspaper and internet) to help you find the best deals. I have saved an average of $350 per month on name brand items. Some items are free and some end up being way reduced. If it isn't a product I use but is something I can get for free I can give it away to one of my friends or to the local food pantry. The service costs $20 a month but it has totally been worth it for the savings. (If you check it out and decide to give it a try use my ID#24501 because I get credit.) I get information from Savings Angel for Meijer, Kroger, Target, Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS. They are in quite a few markets around the country and expanding all the time so check it out.
I just had to share my deal this week from Walgreens. Because you know that is half the fun of the deal, getting to share it. And quite frankly, Jeff is not as enthused as I think he should be. Anyway, if I had purchased this at full price (no sales or coupons) it would have cost $78. With sales, coupons and rebates I got all this for $27. Some of it was free (candles, batteries, toothpaste). Some cost next to nothing like the Chex Mix for $.49 a bag, normally $2.99. Some of it I am donating like the candles (free) and air freshener ($1). Most of it will go in my pantry or closets for a future time when we will need it. My grandma would be so proud.

No comments:
Post a Comment