I love summer! Seriously...I love summer! I love not having a routine. I love being able to be out in the sun. I love getting to swim. I love getting to make memories. I love getting to spend time with family. It's not often that my family of origin gets to spend time together. So it is pretty special when we get to do it. We got about 36 hours together this summer and enjoyed every bit of it.

One of my favorite places to go is the Grand Haven beach and pier. I was delighted when one of my SIL's suggested we take all the kids and go down there one of the evenings we were together.
Despite our warnings not to get wet...it was the first thing the kids did. The water was super chilly but that didn't stop them from playing in the waves.
We did our best to get a good picture of the kids on the beach but there were way too many distractions. What you can't see here is all the adults making fools of themselves to try to get the kids to smile.
My middle brother Chris and his wife Shannon.
My younger brother Joel and his wife Carrie.
Me with Jeff.
My mom walking on the beach with the grand kids.
I love this picture of the kids walking on the boardwalk.
We spent most of the next day swimming. We started at a little beach near my parents house. The water was much warmer than the big lake.
From there we went to my SIL's parents house which is right around the corner from my parents. This was perfect since the napping kids could join us in their pool when they were done sleeping. Right before this picture Olivia (in the middle in red/black) hit her head on the diving board while doing a flip. She was NOT going to smile no matter what we did or said. 
As my grandma used to announce in her little home town newspaper, "The family was here to visit for a few days and a good time was had by all!"

No comments:
Post a Comment