Thursday, January 1, 2009

Verse Memory Goals- 1st & 15th

As I mentioned in my last post that I am setting New Year's goals and one of them is memorization of God's word. I will post what I am memorizing on the 1st & 15th of the month to help keep me accountable.

The first verse is Psalm 32:7-8 "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."

What's yours? Write it down...leave a comment about what you are memorizing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll join you, but I'm going to do just one verse/passage a month rather than two.

Here's my first one:
Psalm 119:10-12
I seek you will all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise to be to you, O Lord; teach me your decrees.

Shannon said...

I will join you! What a great idea! I actually just started learning this passage yesterday. It is important to me on many levels right now, but I did share it with my weight loss group as encouragement -- we will see our reward if we DO NOT GIVE UP!

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."