Sunday, June 22, 2008

Try Something New Day

A friend of mine introduced me to this idea. I posed it to the kids and they got all excited about it. So every Tuesday we are planning to try something new. It could be apples, jelly belly's, ice cream...and anything else we can think of. The idea is to take risks and try new things.

For our first Try Something New Day we started with Reese's candy. (I figured I had to make it a sure success in order to keep the excitement alive!!) We found 6 different candies made by Reese's (Whipps, Big Cup, Fast Break, Reese's Pieces, Crispy Crunch and the original) and cut them in to small bites and then did taste tests to figure out which was our favorite. Jackson and Olivia discovered they really like the Big Cup, Ainsley likes the Whipps, I liked the Fast Break and Jeff liked the original one best...why mess with a good thing. We were hoping to find the caramel, white chocolate and banana creme ones but had trouble so stayed with these 6.

It was really fun to hear the kids describe their favorites and least favorites. Next week I think we are going to try apples though they kids are lobbying for jelly belly's.

No comments: