Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Grades


The story of A and her grades continues...I communicated with the previous teacher and asked for an explanation along with a list of the grades. Her response back to me was that she felt that A wasn't up to reading level and so gave her the grade based on that. Hmmm...how do you give a child a grade based on your "feelings"? I also did not get a copy of the grades from her. I went to the principal this week with my concerns. He was bothered by the the whole thing and was going to look in to it and change her reading grade to the correct one. (The average of her grades was wrong...she had two 4's and two 2's and the average on the grade card was 2...it should have been a 3.) So while we aren't completely finished with the story...we are a lot closer to getting some closure.

No comments: