I discovered yet another way to embarrass my man cub.
Show up in his classroom and have his friends tell him that his mom is pretty!
Yesterday I had to stop in Jackson's class to talk to his teacher. When I walked in Jackson acted like he didn't see me. Which is fine, I have gotten over my issues with the fact that he doesn't want to see or be seen with me at school. He is still cuddly at home and wants to be tucked in every night... by me, so I am good with keeping my distance from him at school. While I was talking to his teacher, one of his friends nudges him in the arm and says "Hey isn't that your mom?" To which Jackson replies, "Uh-huh." The friend then says, "She's pretty!" To which Jackson replies, "Yeah, I guess!" (which was said in a sheepish, slightly red faced, don't want to think about my mom as being pretty kinda voice.)
I didn't know any of this happened until Jackson got home from school yesterday and says, "You totally embarrassed me today!" And then poured the story out of how I had embarrassed him.
I can't tell you the amount of joy that this brings me! Not necessarily that he was embarrassed though that brings some small measure of joy but that his friends think I am pretty. I am even okay with Jackson of not being sure what to say. Even okay with him not thinking I am pretty. But that his friends think I am pretty sure made my day! Here I am in my last year before I hit the big 4-0 and my son's junior high friends think I am pretty. I am not even going to stop and evaluate that perhaps it is because I was dressed nicely or because I had makeup on or because my hair was done. I passed quite a few moms yesterday in the school who must not have looked in the mirror before they ran out of the house. Either that or there was a fire and they had to get out fast. I am going to just take the compliment and bask in it's glow.
As I was tucking my man cub in last night he says, "I really do think you are pretty! I just wasn't sure what to say. It caught me off guard. You know I don't really think about it like that. But I do think you are pretty!" Ah...makes me smile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I've heard that story multiple times now, and it makes me smile more every time! Too funny!
That's awesome. I hope my kids friends end up saying that about me! That probably stayed with him ALL day. How funny!
Post a Comment